If you can not agree to all of the below steps/rules, please do not take ARF funds. Please visit our What to do when you Find an Animal page to determine other options for you to help the animal.
To start the fostering process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your Name, Phone, Rincon Barrio along with the details of the Animal you are fostering – Include Name for Foster, Photo, Approximate Age, Weight, Sex and Bio for the animal – also confirm in the email that you agree to our following rules/steps:
- Detick & Deworm your Foster immediately and prior to taking your foster to ARF authorzied Vet Visit – you can bath your foster and pull ticks and fleas off. But ARF will authorize and pay for monthly flea/tick meds that you can pick up from the Vet. Once we get your initial email aggreeing to our foster terms, we will respond with authorization for the meds. Please do not take an animal that has ticks or fleas to a Vets office. Give your foster at least two days with flea meds before taking them to the Vet
- Keep the animal in your home; socializing and feeding the animal – things such as (depending on cats or dogs) interacting with people, walking on a leash, using a litter box, non-food-aggression etc. We greatly appreciate when fosters can supply their own food via purchasing it or asking friends for food donations. But if the only thing stopping you from fostering is the cost of food – please purchase a month supply of food for your foster and email ARF a copy of the receipt – we will arrange reimbursement for you to pick up and please drop off the original receipt at that time. Again, if you can afford the food it saves ARF funds to help more animals.
- Taking the animal to required Vet visits. ARF will pay the Vet bills but we need you the Foster to be responsible for knowing when the animal needs follow up visits AND for documenting each visit so we can put that information on your animal’s adopt page! Please email email@example.com before and after Vet visits. Keep us informed
- You will be the main contact for potential Adopters. We have a list of questions, on the very bottom of this page, you can ask Adopters to help you decide if they will be a good family. If you need ARF’s help in deciding just email us.
- Get a Adoption Donation From Adopters. You may not give an animal to someone without asking for and getting a Donation. That fee is unique to each animal and each situation. But you must agree to work with ARF of Rincon, firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to giving an ARF foster to anyone. A Guideline on Adoption Fees
- Local Adoptions are normally a minimum of $100 Adoption Donation Fee (covering ARF’s costs of Vaccinations, Deworming and Spay/Neuter)
- Remote Adoptions are normally a minimum of $100 Adoption Donation Fee PLUS the actual travel fees ~$350 to $400 in travel costs (Breakdown $250 Airlines, $75 Crate, and $50 Vet’s Travel Certificate/Final Visit)